Access to Scholastic Materials
English: number or % of students in supported schools who have received scholastic materials
French: nombre ou % d'élèves dans les écoles appuyées qui ont reçu du matériel scolaire
Czech: počet nebo % studentů v podpořených školách, kteří obdrželi školní potřeby
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the proportion and the number of students who received distributed scholastic materials (e.g. Back-to-School kits). This output indicator is mostly used in education in emergency contexts, when stationary and basic learning materials are provided to motivate and enable students to (re-)enrol in school.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Use distribution lists to calculate the number and % of students who have received the given material in the intervention schools.
2) Crosscheck the results with data from post-distribution monitoring in schools.
3) If you have time, crosscheck the availability of the distributed materials in schools.
1) Distribution of scholastic materials as a part of the Back-to-School campaign should be completed right before the beginning of the school year.
2) The number of distributed kits should not be significantly higher than the number of enrolled students.
3) Disaggregate the data by sex and specific vulnerable groups, such as minorities.