Quality of Protection Services
English: number or % of provided protection services that meet the pre-defined quality standards
French: nombre ou % des services de protection fournis qui répondent aux normes de qualité prédéfinies
Czech: počet nebo % poskytovaných ochranných služeb splňujících předem stanovené standardy kvality
What is its purpose?
The indicator assesses the quality of selected protection services against a set of pre-defined quality standards.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Per each assessed protection service, define the “quality standards” (i.e. minimum performance requirements) the service is expected to meet.
2) Define the minimum number or percentage of “quality standards” every service has to meet in order to be considered as “meeting pre-defined quality standards” (for example, at least 6 out of 8 standards).
3) For each service, assess whether the minimum number of “quality standards” is met (by observation, review of documents, interviews with service providers, interviews with beneficiaries, etc.).
4) Calculate the indicator's value by dividing the number of services meeting the minimum number of quality standards by the total number of assessed services and multiplying the result by 100.
Access Additional Guidance
- CPWG (2012) Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (.pdf)