Safe and Dignified Shelters
English: % of target population living in safe and dignified shelters in secure settlements
French: % de la population cible vivant dans des abris sûrs et dignes dans des sites sécurisés
Czech: % cílové populace žijící v bezpečných a důstojných přístřeších v zabezpečných lokalitách
What is its purpose?
This composite indicator was designed by ECHO as one of its Key Outcome Indicators (KOI). It is based on two main sub-indicators.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Collect the following data by conducting individual interviews with a representative sample of the project beneficiaries:
RECOMMENDED SURVEY QUESTIONS (Q) AND POSSIBLE ANSWERS (A)
Q1: If you consider how many people needed shelter assistance, do you think that the shelter assistance you received was provided in a timely manner?
A1: yes / no
Q2: Do you feel that the place where you live is largely secure?
A2: yes / no / does not know
(the following question is recommended but not mandatory; ask it only if the previous answer is NO)
Q3: Why do you feel that the place where you live is not secure?
A3: pre-define the answers based on the context where you operate
Calculate the indicator’s value:
1) first, calculate the % of respondents who consider that their basic shelter needs are met in a timely manner
2) second, calculate the % of respondents who consider their settlement to be secure
3) last, calculate the average % of the two previous sub-indicators
1) Disaggregate the data by sex and specific vulnerable groups, such as minorities.
Access Additional Guidance
- ECHO (2016) List of Key Outcome Indicators (KOI) (.pdf)
- ECHO (2016) List of Key Outcome Indicators (KOI) - French version (.pdf)