Marketing Practices Leading to Higher Sales
English: % of [specify: farmers / shop keepers / service providers / ... ] reporting higher sales as a result of using the promoted marketing practices
French: % de [spécifiez: agriculteurs / commerçants / prestataires de services / ... ] qui déclarent des ventes plus élevées grâce à l'utilisation des pratiques marketing promues
Czech: % [určete: farmářů / prodejců / poskytovatelů služeb / ... ] uvádějících vyšší prodej díky používání propagovaných marketingových praktik
What is its purpose?
The indicator assesses the proportion of farmers/ shop keepers/ service providers who increased their sales (and income) as a result of using the marketing practices promoted by your intervention.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Interview a representative sample of farmers/ shop keepers/ service providers about whether – as a result of using the promoted practices – they either:
- sold more products/ services (achieving higher income); or
- received for their products/ services a higher unit price (for example, selling 1 ton of tomatoes for a 15% higher price)
2) If you trust your data source, use interviews with farmers/ shop keepers/ service providers to assess also the exact increase in their sales. If possible, try and determine which marketing practices had the most positive impact on their sales (and income).
3) Calculate the indicator's value by dividing the number of respondents reporting higher sales as a result of using the promoted marketing practices by the total number of respondents and multiplying the result by 100.
1) In order to determine whether the increase in sales was caused by the improved marketing practices (and not by other factors, such as people having more money), you might need to use a control group of farmers/ shopkeepers/ services providers who did not use the promoted marketing practices. Alternatively, you would have to conduct an analysis of contributing factors identifying the different factors that might have increased the sales (improved marketing practices will be one of them) and assessing whether improved marketing practices belonged among the more influential factors.